- 450g of cauliflower
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 330ml (1 1/4 cups) water
- 10g (or 1/4 cup) nutritional yeast or 1 tsp of mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Think you can’t live without cheese? Think again! If you love cauliflower cheese then you’ll love this tasty cheese-free sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Cut the cauliflower into florets put them into a large baking tray, along with the garlic cloves.
- Toss the cauliflower and garlic in the olive oil and arrange them into a single layer.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, until they are tender enough to put a fork through.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower and garlic into a blender and add the water, salt, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Blend until very smooth.
- Taste, and add more seasoning if necessary. You can also add a little more water if it needs thinning down further.
- Serve warm over your favourite vegetables, macaroni, nachos or even baked fries!
Publication date: 18 April 2019
This recipe is proposed for the commitment(s):
- Have dairy-free days