- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 vegetable stock pot with 200ml water
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber grated
- 125 g of low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/3 of a pack of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of chopped mint
Try this spicy recipe for a fiery treat. With lots of delicious heat from the curry, contrasting with cooling raita, it makes the ideal winter-warmer!
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, pepper and chilli and stir fry briefly over a high heat so they start to soften.
- Add the butternut squash and stir fry for a few minutes. Pour in the cumin and coriander and stir.
- Add the stock cube with 200ml of hot water and stir. Then add in the tin of tomatoes and stir.
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the cucumber and yoghurt with the mint to make a raita.
Publication date: 9 January 2020
This recipe is proposed for the commitment(s):
- Challenge: 7 vegetarian meals per week
- Choose local, seasonal and organic vegetables
- Introduce vegetarian meals
- Make your own meals
- Reduce your food waste
- Chop your meat portions in half