- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small celeriac, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 15g unsalted butter
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- ½ a chilli, deseeded
- 1 cup of pasta
Strong flavours and heat combine to give an instant WOW factor to this spicy Mediterranean-style dish.
- Peel/scrape the skin off the celeriac. Cut into long, thin slices. Add the celeriac into a bowl of water and lemon juice.
- Dry fry the pumpkin seeds in a pan until they have puffed and popped. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the celeriac for 1 minute, drain and keep the water.
- In the mean time place the pasta in a pan with boiling water and cook for 10minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and butter until the butter has melted. Add the thyme, garlic, and chilli and cook for 5 minutes until almost golden.
- Add in the pumpkin seeds and squeeze in some lemon juice. Add the celeriac in and then the pasta. Toss everything together.
Publication date: 9 January 2020
This recipe is proposed for the commitment(s):
- Challenge: 7 vegetarian meals per week
- Choose local, seasonal and organic vegetables
- Introduce vegetarian meals
- Make your own meals
- Reduce your food waste