- 250g of British beef mince
- 1 large white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder or 3 squares of dark chocolate
- Salt and pepper
A hearty dish with half the meat. Serve with rice and a dollop of sour cream
- Cook off the mincemeat in a frying pan (no need to add extra oil) once cooked place in a bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, chilli, courgette and red pepper.
- In the same frying pan used for the meat add 1tbsp of olive oil and slowly cook the vegetables.
- Once the vegetables have softened add all the spices and let it cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a further 3 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes.
- Add 200ml of cold water.
- Add the chocolate and season to taste.
- Cook for at least 1 hour.
Publication date: 2 April 2019
This recipe is proposed for the commitment(s):
- Chop your meat portions in half